October 01, 2020 2 min read
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and here at Lovemère, we believe in creating awareness and sharing valuable resources for all our mamas to stay well-informed.
Read on to learn more about prevention, early detection and support networks in our community. Of course, always consult your doctor first for any questions related to your health and wellbeing.
Prevention & Early Detection:
1) Guide on Mammogram Screening - Early detection is the KEY to saving lives, when it comes to the No.1 cancer affecting women in Singapore. Singaporeans able to enjoy $25 funding assistance for the mammogram screening from 1 October - 31 December 2020.
2) Know your Breasts Challenge by Breast Cancer Foundation - Join the quest to raise awareness for breast cancer outreach, be part of the team united in solidarity to take charge of our health.
3) Nursery Reminder Campaign by Breast Cancer Foundation - Combining the breast self-check with familiar musical nursery rhymes and tunes — teaching women to do their self-checks, while reminding them to make it a lifelong habit.
4) Virtual Public Forums on Breast Cancer by National Cancer Centre Singapore - They have activities that observe social distancing with a series of online events to raise awareness of breast cancer.
1) Pink Ribbon Singapore - ‘Shared Courage’, the theme for this year is an appeal to everyone who has an important woman in their lives, to stand with women afflicted with breast cancer.
2) Health Hub Singapore - Understanding risk factors and how to protect yourself from this disease.
Are you enjoying this post?
Feel free to share this with any mums. Join the mums community today and receive weekly motherhood tips and tricks directly to your inbox. Occasionally we will send you updates on new launches and exclusive events, and you will always be the first to know.
Shop Lovemère collection today.