The stress of preparing for labor is very real. You start worrying about your due date at around your 7th or 8th month of your pregnancy. Let's be honest, the nearing of our delivery date is never an easy task to prepare for and it's even more difficult to track what's needed when the day arrives.
This is where the hospital bag becomes helpful to you. A well-prepared, well-stocked hospital bag ensures you that:
- You’re prepared when the due date arrives/if the baby comes earlier than expected
- Gives you peace of mind knowing that everything you need is in one place
- Ensures you that everything you need is within arms reach
Now that you know the pleasures that a hospital bag brings, here are the things you’ll need to create your own hospital bag.
What to Put in Your Hospital Bag
First off, you’ll have to prepare thisaround being pregnant for 34 weeks.Another thing to note is that you have to prepare 2 different hospital bags, which are for you and your baby. Below are the things you’ll need for your hospital bag:
- Photo ID
- Insurance info
- Hospital forms
- Birth plan (if you have one)
- Cell phone and charger
- 2-3 pairs of socks
- Robe or sweater
- Lip balm
- Toiletries and cosmetics
- 2 maternity bras (no underwire) and nursing pads
- 2 nightdresses
- Shawl, dressing gown, or confinement pajamas
- Lanolin cream (for tender nipples)
- Body lotion or massage oil
For The Baby:
- Two or three sleepsuits and vests.
- Baby blanket
- Muslin squares
- One pair of socks
- One outfit for the trip home
- Baby car seat
- Baby Wash
Take note as well when you're going to have a baby nursery, you can modify the contents of your baby's hospital bag as to suit better your baby's needs.
Getting ready for the big day? Make sure to pack comfortable clothes to ensure you sleep soundly - feel the difference of our crazy breathable sleepwear collection. Check it out by clicking here.