Scientists classify human beings into the Mammalia group in the animal kingdom. Mammalia or mammals are defined as those animals that give birth to live offspring and nourish them through secretion from their mammary glands.
To put that in simpler words, human beings are beings, who reproduce and look after their infants in a similar way other mammals do.
Although, it should be a personal decision of the mother to breastfeed the child, and many of them opt to do so. Breastfeeding is proven to be beneficial to:
- Create a stronger bond between the mother and the child, research has proven that babies that have been breastfed are more likely to show signs of compassion than those who don’t.
- Nutrition!!! It has been proven that organic milk is more nutritious than the infant formula milk. Mother’s milk has been tested and checked against the leading, commercially available, formula milks and they all fall behind the perfect composition of the organic milk, in terms of vitamin, proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- Immune system of the infants. Statistically speaking, infants who are fed by their mother’s milk are less likely to contact viruses as the breast milk contains the vital antibodies. Leading to a healthier baby with significantly less visits to the pediatrician.
- Higher IQ, according to another study, babies who are breast fed for first few months after birth grow up to be a lot smarter than the other babies.
- Unsurprisingly, healthier babies tend to be active, playful and quirky. Making the parents enjoy the cute moments as the baby continue to develop and learn new things.
Breastfeeding is not only beneficial to the babies, but it works quiet as well for the mothers. Here are some advantages for mothers who opt for breastfeeding:
- Breastfeeding reduces the chance of you having diseases in old age. Some of these diseases include, osteoporosis, breast cancer.
- Breastfeeding burns calories, yes you read that right, it actually helps reducing the pregnancy weight that you are freaking out about. So if you’re pregnant, don’t plan scheduling daily, tiring exercises after birth. Just plan on breastfeeding your bundle of joy, and with no extra effort.
- Helps you have that feeling of motherly love. When you breast feed your child, your body releases a hormone, known as oxytocin, which is also released when you look at or kiss a loved one. Relive that falling in love experience once again.
- Not only that, oxytocin also help in getting your uterus in the original shape. So opting for breastfeeding is a better option than getting vaccines.
- Lesser hassle. Breastfeeding gets you rid of the hassle of constantly buying, sterilizing the milk bottles and preparing the formula milk. Giving you more time playing with your baby.
All in all, if you are expecting or have already delivered the package of happiness to you, do opt for breastfeeding. Not only will you be providing the best nutrition to your baby (as you are the one producing it). But also it will give you more time to be with the baby and less time doing periphery things for the baby.